New Hope Presbyterian Church is seeking a full-time (32 hours/week) Director of Children & Family Ministries. This person will lead a team of part-time staff as well as volunteers to promote and nurture the faith formation in our children (Birth- 6th Grade) and families.
Qualifications: The person we are looking to hire for this position will…
- Have a vibrant and growing commitment to Jesus Christ and can communicate that faith effectively to others.
- Exhibit an enthusiasm for ministry with children and families, and the role the congregation can play in the development of both.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Early Childhood or Elementary Education, Theology or other ministry-related field.
- Have five or more years (preferred) of experience in leadership role in Children and/or Family Ministries
- Be knowledgeable and supportive with reformed theology and the Presbyterian Church (USA).
- Exhibit strong organizational, management and leadership skills.
- Communicate effectively with individuals as well as with large groups of all ages.
- Work well with teams.
- Demonstrate familiarity with social media platforms to enhance ministry.
- Thrive in the ever-changing needs and environment of a growing and vibrant congregation.
Compensation: In the first year of employment, the Director of Children and Family Ministries will receive…
• $35,000 annual salary
• 2 weeks vacation
• 1 week of continuing education and enrichment