Temporary Leadership Role
First Presbyterian Church
The Session of First Presbyterian Church of Georgetown, CO is seeking to fill a part-time role of transitional leadership. The individual will have the function of coordination and leading worship services and other church activities, in addition to providing pastoral care and a pastoral presence in the community.
• Primary point of contact to assure accountability for various responsibilities of church life across constituent groups.
• Plan, prepare and coordinate worship services, including Sermon preparation, proclamation of the word, administering the sacraments, worship leadership, bulletins.
• Preparation, leadership and administration of special services (Funerals/Weddings, if any).
• Serve as Moderator at Session Meetings.
• Pastoral care including congregational home visitation, hospital and emergency visitation, counseling, support to members in need of spiritual development.
• Pastoral presence and community involvement via on-site presence and participation in local activities, interfaith activities, and local mission.
• Assistance with work and growth in the five developmental areas of interim ministry.
• Half-time (~20/hr week) commitment
• Annual salary of $30,000; additional Health/Pension benefits via Board of Pensions, mileage reimbursements and designation of housing allowance (if applicable) are negotiable.
Must be Presbytery qualified to perform assigned duties.
Click here for more information and how to apply.