Children’s Ministries Assistant (CMA)
- Supervised by the Director of Mission and Faith Formation (Director)
- 10-12 hours per week, including 4-5 hours on Sunday mornings
- Workload will be heaviest during the program year (August – May)
- Primarily responsible for supporting programs for children (birth – 7th grade) that have been developed by the Director and the Children, Youth and Families Committee of the Session.
- Will work on both collaborative and individual assignments.
- Collaborate with the Director to support the following programs:
- Sunday morning nursery care
- Sunday 9am hour (breakfast club, child care, etc…)
- Sunday education hour (Bible Story Room, Bible Trek, etc…)
- Worship support activities for children and parents
- Children’s music program (mainly logistical support for children’s choir director)
- Middler (5th-7th grade) programming that may include monthly Sunday afternoon outings, worship experiences, special events and retreats
- Special Events that include seasonal celebrations and worship events
- Other programs or activities that may need support as determined by the Director (such as mission, retreats, etc.)
- Preparation and Administrative Tasks
- Maintain a current list of all children on the rolls with their parent’s information and any special needs
- Work with the Director to determine what supplies need to be prepared and/or purchased to support the upcoming ministry programs
- Regularly take inventory of closets and cabinets on the education floor (3rd floor) and order supplies as necessary within the specified budget, in addition to keeping these areas organized and useful for volunteers.
- Create/maintain bulletin boards and displays on the 3rd floor
- Meet with Director regularly to determine a work flow schedule, needs of programs and volunteers and to discuss overall goals of the program and how they are being met
Resumes can be emailed to: Stephanie Fritz, Director of Mission and Faith Formation, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to submit resume is July 23, 2018 at 5pm.