Trinity Presbyterian Church is seeking a Church Administrator. This is a key position with broad responsibilities supporting the daily life of the church. This is a part-time position working 22.5 hrs per week. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized.
The primary functions of the Church Administrator are:
- Monitoring and arranging for contracting, maintenance and repairs of the church facilities. Responsible for maintenance of office equipment including computers, copy machine, phones, etc.;
- Performing and/or insuring that the day-to-day administrative functions of the church are completed;
- Supporting Pastor and staff in the performance of their duties;
- Receiving, depositing and accurately recording all monies received by the church using Power Church software.
- Responding to various needs/requests by the congregation.
- 2 – 5 years professional office management experience with good organizational skills and ability to understand the need for confidentiality.
- Computer/Technology proficient: Experience in creating documents, maintaining records and website maintenance. Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Publisher); adept at current technology and a willingness to explore/learn new software/systems.
- Experience with accounts receivable disciplines and applicable software.
- The ability or the desire to understand the technical side of the church facility maintenance requirements.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid decision maker – listens well, gathers necessary information and makes timely decisions.
- A self-starter, creative, resourceful and flexible with the ability to adapt to changing priorities or needs while maintaining a positive and professional work ethic.
- A Christian faith that will guide interactions with the members and friends of the church.